Editing General options of a template
When editing a template, the General tab allows you to personalise:
Whenever a (?) mark is present, just hover your mouse over it and you will get a tooltip box with extra information.
- Description: it is a long text that you can use to write notes about the
template. It is something for you (i.e.: human-readable).
- Logo: in several
views (like the cloud one), in different places this logo is shown to visually help you identify VMs and
templates. You can choose a meaningful image for each
template and VM that will help you administer them.
- Memory: it refers to RAM memory. You can use the arrow buttons (or simply type a value on the text box) to specify, in MB, how much RAM you want your VM to have.
- CPU: fraction of CPU time per time unit that you want your VM to have. If you want 4 cores available, then type 4. If you want to emulate the Small and Medium nodes we used to have in the past, type here 0.25 or 0.5 respectively. Your quota will tick proportionally.
- VCPU: amount of cores you want your VM to see.
- Do not allow to modify network configuration: when using the cloud
view, it prevents from changing
NICs on VMs running out of this