All notable changes to this project will be documented in this file.
The format is based on Keep a Changelog
and this project adheres to Semantic Versioning.
- Ubuntu 16.04 server / GPU images
- Ubuntu 20.04 server / desktop images
- Update the OS of the computing nodes & supporting infrastructure (phased roll out expected to be completed by the 2021-01-13)
- Nested Virtualization support across all computing nodes due to security vulnerability (phased roll out on all shared pools completed on the 2020-07-07)
- CentOS 8.x server image
- Debian 10.x server image
- mDNS support across all computing nodes
- HyperThreading on all compute hosts disabled
- CPU overcommiting enabled on all CPU compute hosts allocated to the common pool of resources
- All images in the Marketplace to mitigate MDS
- Restored the template and log tabs on the VM’s tab for the user view (UI)
- Old DNS domain name discontinued (vm.surfsara.nl)
- Upgraded to OpenNebula 5.2, this includes a new look and feel for the user interface
- Nested Virtualization support across all computing nodes
- Centos image from 6.7 to 6.8
- Domain from vm.surfsara.nl to surf-hosted.nl for new VM’s.